Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pmhpostman

Enable bit in function block

3 posts in this topic

There are a lot of instructions in function block that are missing the enable input that is present when programming in ladder logic, such as  ADD or MOV.  It seems to be very limiting. The only way around it that I know of is to write your own function block in ladder logic or statement list and use that. I seems rather limiting of a language if it relies on other languages for it to be usable.

Does anyone know why the enable bit was left out in many function blocks when it is so useful in ladder logic?

Pat

no enable bit.jpg

I'm not sure what you're asking.  You don't see the EN bit by default.  You click the ellipsis next to the instruction title, and check the box next to "Enable" if you want to control the enable function of a function block.  Is this question meant to be in the Allen Bradley forums?  What you've posted above looks more like Yaskawa PLC\Servo logic and MS Visio.

Yes, this is an Allen-Bradley issue. I'm using Connected Components for this project, not RSLogix 5000. I was unaware of the ellipsis in 5000, but I don't do a lot of function block with it.

Besides this issue, I do like the Connected Components environment. You can program in ladder, statement and function block like the big Allen-Bradley PLCs for a low price. But it does have some flaws...

Pat