nate123

Learning

5 posts in this topic

Hello. I am in the process of learning how to program and diagnose our equipment in the plant I just transferred to. We have mostly A series CPU and slowly upgrading to Q series. With GOT interface. Is there anything I can read that will help me understand more. I have more experience with Allen Bradley. There is a lot in our logic that I am having a hard time understanding. How do timer values, frequency drive speeds, encoder set points etc that the operators change on the GOT get written to the PLC.

To answer that question; They will be writing to D registers. The D register will be allocated in the GOT and the plc program will use the value written from the screen.

There is very little difference in how a GOT communicates with the A or Q series PLC, and how a SLC500 would communicate with a panelview. You just have to learn the addressing structure. As Ron said you would use a D register to read/write to the PLC. That would be equivalent to a N7 register in AB land. I suggest you get yourself a programming manual for the PLC series you are working with and read up on the devices.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Mitsubishi also offers programming classes in Toronto and Chicago.  A class might be the quickest way to get up to speed.  And they do offer some online training on their website to get started with.