tsmartin_98

Logging on to a faulted processor.

10 posts in this topic

I'm sure the answer is already on this forum but I guess I can't put together the right search terms to find it. Anyway ... we have a PLC with a 5/03 processor. There are several modules missing out of the rack. When powered up the processor shows a fault. I kind of expect this because of the missing modules. However when I try to auto-configure with RS Linx to log on I can't. The message tells me to check the cables and some other message I can't remember. The key switch is in the "Rem" position and unfortunately the key is missing.  We would like to repurpose this PLC but need to get past this issue. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

TS 

Are you 100% sure you have successfully used auto-connect to connect with other SLC processors with this development PC before?  What cable are  you using to connect the SLC to your development PC?

Also is the fault light solid or flashing?

2 hours ago, TWControls said:

Also is the fault light solid or flashing?

^---  This.

Also, you could disconnect the battery on the processor board and discharge the capacitor to wipe the memory.  You never know what other's could have changed the comms settings to.

Thanks for the replies. From what I gather I should be able to log on even though the processor is faulted. The last time I used the cable and software to log on to another processor it worked fine. That's not to say something may have happened in the mean time. I can't remember if the fault light was flashing or solid. I would assume they have different meanings.

Thanks again.

TS

The probability is high that you wouldn't be able to login to a processor with a solid fault light. It means that there is a physical problem with the processor.

If it is flashing then it is likely in the communications configuration. Do you have an offline copy of the program?

If you have the program you can clear a hard faulted SLC's by pulling the battery and then shorting the big capacitor on it.  That will sometimes bring a brick SLC back to life. 

If the program is still in the processor and the fault is only because of missing I/O modules, the serial port may be configured for DH-485 instead of DF-1.

hi gens

we have problem with AB 1200

it suddenly stopped . while observation I saw on processor only 2 led       red --fault,, green -power supply

I connected my PC but no any respond please ,give suggestion

Is the red fault light flashing or solid?