Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jim5

sms/email (FX 1N)

4 posts in this topic

hello all I am trying to set up a Mit FX 1N and a gsm modem so that when an alarm is called it sends an sms (text message) or email. any help would be great thanks

Why don't you use an Alarm modem, for example from Tixi. These modems can be easy configured for sending an SMS or Email on an event. Also possible for registration (Datacollection) and acknowledge alarms. Any futher information about this type off modem see www.tixi.com

Hi, You may use U.C.ME-OPC software (see http://www.controlsee.com ) . U.C.ME-OPC may be connected to any OPC or DDE server. U.C.ME may be used to send alarms via SMS(bi-directional SMS), Phone(Voice), email, Fax, Multimedia and more. Michael.

Hi jim5, I remember that mits has a pre-made up unit, called the FX Messenger. It consists of a FX1N plc, 485-bd/adp board and siemens gsm modem. The software is straight forward and only allows for 4 mobile numbers to be sms'd. Also, I think you can only use first 4 inputs as well. This should get you started. Edited by waynes