MrJ

Resetting FIFO stacks

2 posts in this topic

Afternoon,

Am extremely new around here, but I've used your site to answer some Q's I've had regarding various settings on different manufacturers of PLCs. This week I've found myself with a Mitsubishi FX3U PLC which is controlling an automated oven. The oven has three output lanes to which the work can go depending on what the operator selects as they load the work. Now I've looked through the program and so far I understand most of this. Will do some more reading to understand the rest. My one aim is to solve a problem that the operators have had for a while and that is when some of the more naughty operators manually remove items from the machine or accidently catch a sensor causing the stacks to be out of order. So what I am wanting to do it try and make my life a whole lot easier by writing a piece of code to reset all my FIFO stacks (SFWRP blocks) at once and then progress to putting a button on my HMI to do this function for me. Save me time from going into each stack and modifying the value individually.

My output conveyor only holds 5 items,

Storestack1, R1010

Storestack2, R1040

Storestack3, R1070

Storestack4, R1100

Storestack5, R1130

Any help and support or even questions to help me on my way would be much appreciated! I've kind of stumped myself with this one. In my head I was thinking I would just have a line to set a value of '0' and then output it to all 5 of my stacks, but I have found nothing to resemble this as of yet so probably thinking its not as easy as I was wishing.

Thanks Matt

I am

Hi, try "ZRST". As an EN input use the bit you wish to trigger it, and d1=start address, d2=stop address.