Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kezin

Help with PID(190)

5 posts in this topic

Hello guys

I have a project in which I have to control the water level of a tank using Omron. I need to get the pressure transmitter value in order to know the level of the tank and use it as an process variable of the PID.
Then I need to control the valve position.

I'm really new to Omron and i have no idea how to do the PID. I have read all the manuals but I still dont get it

Can someone help me please?

here is the program that I have so far. Just a reminder the PID parameters is just some random values because I need to do the calculations still.

Thanks

Process3.cxp

5 hours ago, Kaysteel said:

Have you read this thread..maybe it could help

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?/topic/30433-pidat-program-setting/

Thanks for you answer but I'm still not really clear about this instruction

I've read the manual

Do I need to set up the PID parameters even using this PIDAT instruction?

Also, my pressure transmitter is scaled from 0-16383, while my control valve from 0-100%. Is it correct, or do i need to scale them to a parameter for the PID instruction?

Thanks a lot

Yes you need to scale up the required input range of ur pid instruction. Input range and oother parameter need to define in ur programming in order for the pid to work

In order hand..you may copy the example programming and if you edit it enough..you might be able to use it for ur control..it just a matter of how u edit the programming. 

The given example is for input range of 0-250 (u can change this range to ur range)..and ensure all DM used in that programming has not been used in other rung..u can use the output to control ur valve (4-20ma)..

Hope its help..