Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AngryRobot

Interfacing a Proface LT4301M to Turck FEN20 Ethernet I/O module?

1 post in this topic

I am trying to connect a Turck FEN20 Ethernet I/O block to a LT4301M to use as remote I/O.  I am actually trying to set it up as a test bed for both the LT4301 and the FEN20 as my company would like to consider using one or both of them in future low-cost projects.  So I have two basic goals: 1) prove that the LT4301 can easily be set up to use cheap EhternetIP (or modbus) expansion modules 2) prove that the FEN20 can easily be set up to work with PLC brands other than AB (because most of our customers are Omron, Siemens, or Melsec).

So far I'm unable to prove either.  I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to get the two to communicate.  Proface has several application notes with same GP-Pro example projects for setting up different communication protocols but none of them work for me.  I've tried several of the different EthernetIP protocols available on the Proface as well as several Modbus protocols. 

I know others have set these Proface units up to work with Phoneix and Wago Ethernet I/O... so what am I missing?