Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ClaudeC

Omron CP1L -Read & Write to Micromotion(modbus RTU) Batch\Filler Controller

2 posts in this topic

Hi there, I'm using an Omron CP1L PLC with the Serial Card CIJ12 (RS-485) and setting the serial port 1 in CX-One to Serial Gateway for Modbus RTU Master emulation.

I just want to write to a register and when I connected the PLC to the Micromotion, I was thinking that the communication led indicator will light up but it didn't. Also I use a demo Modbus Master Simultor and connected via my RS-485 USB Converter to the MicroMotion. I wrote to a specific register and read the value after I sent the write function. Everything seems working very well at this point.

So I reconncted the communication between the Omron serial card and the Micromotion. I configured the DM but nothing happen. I just not forced the bit at he address A640 bit 00, in the Omron manual, they call it the Modbus-RTU easy master function execution switch. So I think that I need to set a value of 1 to this software switch after I configured the D32300, D32301, D32302 and D32303.

Please can someone telling me if I followed the instructions correctly or I'm just out of the track ? I also found another nice pdf manual on the internet )Omron Modbus Solution CP1H/CP1L/CJ1/CJ2/CS1) of a application. In this manual they showed how to read and write to a modbus slave register by entering value in the D5000 (for reading) and D6000 (for writting) memory area. So for this reason I'm a bit confused.

CP1L_CP1H_CJ1 CJ2_CS1_Modbus.pdf