sparky400

Remote Programming CP1L-M40DR over wifi

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I have an application where we are using an automated storage system controlled by an OMRON CP1L-M40DR.  The system transfers pallets into and out of racking that is several levels high and up to 30 pallets deep.  When the unit has a fault and is in the middle of the racking it is very difficult to diagnose what the problem is.  Id like to rig the units up an ethernet  WIFI/Router so when there is an issue with one of them I can connect remotely via laptop with CX programmimg software.  The CP1L that I have comes with a usb - b type male to a usb - a type male on the other end.  Can anyone say if this cable can be adapted to plug directly into a cat5 jack?  Or if not, is my only other option to buy the ethernet expansion card?

You need something like a CP1W-CIF41 module and this.

If you prefer an industrial WiFi adapter, Phoenix make them, but you probably wont find it below 1200$.

1 person likes this

The CP1W-CIF41 or CP1W-EIP61 coupled to any decent wireless bridge should work, but those pallet racks are going to be difficult to get a wireless signal through so don't expect to get a whole lot of range on the wireless signal.

I have used a similar setup with an Engenius ECB series wireless bridge. The reliable range was only about 100' on that system, but there was a lot of electric motor noise in that area.

1 person likes this