Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
metallian443

SUCCESS!

3 posts in this topic

I finally achieved success with devicenet,SLC 5/04, and powerflex. I must say to the person who suggested a hardwired stop on the TB, that it was not necessary. I am not even sure how I managed to make it work, but I did change the scanner node address from 63 to 0 and...voila! Reading and writing everything now. I expect it will take the rest of my life to figure out what all the powerflex parameters do, but at least I can manipulate the mess from ladder logic. Thanks to all for your input. Many of you are probably designers or engineers in this field. I am just a lowly electronic technician with absolutely no formal controls training. My biggest projects have been the building of a training set-up in the shop, to include powerflex70, PLC 5, Panelview 600-900 and 1200, SLC's, and a servo motor. I did design a panelview 1200 for use in a processing department but I only used the existing PLC5 addresses for the object tags and did not create the logic myself. I am on the road to discovery, not recovery...

If you want to understand some of those parameters better, you should do the following: While online with RSNetworx for DeviceNet, perform an upload of the scanlist from the 1747-SDN and an upload of the parameters from the PowerFlex 70. Save the result into a DeviceNet project file (*.dnt). ZIP that up, along with your *.RSS file from the SLC, and post them to the forum. I'm curious about why you didn't need a stop input, unless somebody programmed out the STOP function! I'll bet that I, or other users on this Forum, could make things more clear.

Someone had suggested a hardwired STOP on the Terminal board. I have a STOP input using an "N" file. It will stop the drive even if the START bit is on. Are you suggesting a hardwired control? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of DEVICENET? I did save all parameters and will post them over the weekend if I get a chance. Remember, I am learning all this on my own. My ladder logic is not the cleanest or most sensible I am sure. I am not doing anything real with it at the moment. Just some use of a few elements of the instruction set is all. Constructive criticism is welcome.