Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Herant

DC motor with encoder

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

The company that I work for wanted me to design and build a FIFO loader. For those who do not know what a FIFO loader is, it's basically a lift that runs up and down and filling up the magazine slots with pcb's. After I finish the mechanical part i'll try to program it by using a CPM2C - 20. I have already played with CX-programmer and learned my self a bit, for example how to program simple things such as AND and OR gates for controlling motors and lights. Really hard part for me was figuring out how to create a program that reads data from the encoder and use it to create positions which the motor will stop at, and i have not yet figured it out. I've been trying to google it without any luck, the only thing of real info i've got is a 650 page long pdf file or CX-Programmer manual which is hard for me to read since i'm new to all of this.

Would be great if any of you people got any source or maybe a manual which are easy to understand for new beginner like myself.

A bit about the program i would like to make:

The FIFO loader will have some buttons for selecting different programs, lets say you press first button to select "program 1". Then the machine should move up and stop at posision "50" (there are 50 slots on PCB magazine) after it gets signal from pneumatic actuator (which will be used to shove pcb inside the slot) its should move to position "49" and so on..

If FIFO loader is located at "home" position and you press second button to choose "program 2", then it will move to slot "49", wait until it gets loaded, and continue to slot "47" and so on.. The meaning of this is to make a loader which can select a program to fit pcb's with different size of components.

Edited by Herant

Did you ever get any help with your project? I have quite a bit of experience with CX-Programmer and even more with Omron PLCs.