madatix

EXter t150 - beijer

8 posts in this topic

hi all,

i need help with EXTER T150  HMI urgently we had two panels before and we replaced them with new panels but when we copied the 

project file to the flash card the panels don't seem to be able to recognize them, im not familiar with that type of HMI

but the project file consists of folders and files not a single " .cap" or ".dat" file 

i checked the manuals but it seem to have something with a software called IX, i need someone with experience to 

clarify this point to me 

thank you

What panels did you have before? I'm pretty sure you can use E-Designer7 for the T150, but we don't use the same names for the HMIs in Norway (we have "Beijer" and not "Exter" terminals). In any way; how could you copy/paste the project from/to a flash card?

It sounds like you may have the actual project files (source code)

do you have a file ending in .cpa and a folder that contains images and a driver configuration file.

for example...

1 x text file called - "Machine_1_V2.cpa"

1 x folder called -    "Machine_1_V2-Files"  (same name as above but with "-Files" appended to it)

If so you have the project files that can be loaded into Beijer information Designer (I-Designer). Once loaded you can create you own *.dat file to put

on your flash card (or just program the HMI directly using the software).

http://beijerinc.com/product/information-designer/

Alternately if you do not have I-Designer you could post it on this forum (or just to me) me and I will create one for you.

However if you have a project and one of the folders has 50+ files with the extension "DLL" inside the main folder. Then this is probably an IX project for a different HMI

1 person likes this

Beijer is the manufacturer  yes but the model name for the HMI is EXTER T150  

6 hours ago, Nightfly said:

It sounds like you may have the actual project files (source code)

do you have a file ending in .cpa and a folder that contains images and a driver configuration file.

for example...

1 x text file called - "Machine_1_V2.cpa"

1 x folder called -    "Machine_1_V2-Files"  (same name as above but with "-Files" appended to it)

If so you have the project files that can be loaded into Beijer information Designer (I-Designer). Once loaded you can create you own *.dat file to put

on your flash card (or just program the HMI directly using the software).

http://beijerinc.com/product/information-designer/

Alternately if you do not have I-Designer you could post it on this forum (or just to me) me and I will create one for you.

However if you have a project and one of the folders has 50+ files with the extension "DLL" inside the main folder. Then this is probably an IX project for a different HMI

THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE. 

I HAVE INFORMATION DESIGNER SOFTWARE BUT THERE ARE NO .CAP OR .DAT FILES, I GUESS IT'S " ix" TYPE..i tried to upgrade the HMI system files 

to " ix " but it seems to need a license or special service technique because it's not accepting to be upgraded to " ix" ..only upgrade within the same system files type 

18 hours ago, kaare_t said:

What panels did you have before? I'm pretty sure you can use E-Designer7 for the T150, but we don't use the same names for the HMIs in Norway (we have "Beijer" and not "Exter" terminals). In any way; how could you copy/paste the project from/to a flash card?

using a flash card reader module connected to PC/LABTOP  via USP

17 hours ago, madatix said:

I HAVE INFORMATION DESIGNER SOFTWARE BUT THERE ARE NO .CAP OR .DAT FILES, I GUESS IT'S " ix" TYPE..i tried to upgrade the HMI system files

If you have the source code you WILL NOT have a .dat file. You will need to create one.

If you actually show us what files you have we will be better able to help you (otherwise we are just guessing).

Can you upload the files you have for us to see? - or take a screen shot of the files you are talking about.

Edited by Nightfly

On 3/15/2016 at 3:37 PM, Nightfly said:

Hi all,

i had a problem with this HMI really need your help.

i had a ".dat " file, but can i somehow read that file, I mean i need a ".cpa" file instead cause i want to modify something on the project then will save it, load it back to EXTER T150 so next time i can remote access to the HMI from my PC via VNC veiwer software through internet server.Hmm...

or anyone know how to Upload a project from HMI into PC .

thanks a ton pros

Edited 15 Mar 2016 by Nightfly