Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
enfermot

FactoryTalk View ME Trend Fails to show Datalog Data when using Parameters

2 posts in this topic

I believe I have found a bug in FactoryTalk View ME version 8.10.

I have a trend object that uses parameter file placeholders on the connections tab. These are direct-addressed to the shortcut ie {[PLC]...}.

The historical data from the datalog does not show. (The pens write lines, but when I navigate away from the screen and come back, the lines are gone and begin drawing again from the right side.)

The current data does show. This tells me that the placeholders are correct syntax. When the screen loads, the placeholders are being replaced by a string which yields a correct tag path, or else the pens would not be writing correct data.

When I replace the placeholders manually and directly address the tag, the historical data does show correctly. This tells me that the datalog is set up correctly and is logging data.

I have verified that a previous project of mine, using I believe version 6.0, successfully used this method of using one screen and one trend to plot various tags using parameter placeholders, and the historical data did show correctly.

Okay I found the solution.

I was passing parameters which included the whole path to the tag, such as "#1=[PLC]Zones[3].Side[0]" in the parameter file, and {#1.PID.SP} in the connections tab of the trend.

I was able to make historical values show on the trend by changing the parameter file so that #1=3, #2=0 and with {[PLC]Zones[#1].Side[#2].PID.SP} in the connections tab of the trend.