BITS N BYTES

Connected Components Workbench - Cannot access "Sample Code Library"

6 posts in this topic

Trying to download sample code from Rockwell website using link "http://search.rockwellautomation.com/search?site=sample_code&client=samplecode&output=xml_no_dtd&proxystylesheet=samplecode"

Opening link just sits there and fails to connect [tab just flashes on/off].

Any suggestions how to get this to work correctly.

Using Firefox browser.

Edited by BITS N BYTES

Thanks. Examples seem like lotsa trivial stuff to show how clever they can be vs. real down to earth programming examples for the new user like "traffic light". LOL

BITS N BYTES, this is a little off the subject but do you use the updater program that goes with that program. It downloads the updates but does not tell me where the updates are so I can run them! The update program actually checks all AB programs for updates.

Wasn't aware of an "updater" for Connected Components Workbench as this is a relatively new project for me. Will check and see IF/HOW it works.

IMHO Rockwell makes things far too complicated for such a simple control platform, Should be quick and easy to configure and setup without taking over your computer!!

I took a micro 800 and threw it against the wall, ridiculous how complicated they make things. Also by the time you buy the usb port, yes you have to but a port, and any add on cards you mind as well just buy a micrologix 1000 or 1100.