leineme

plc to pc using fins

7 posts in this topic

i have this code in c# in order to communicate to cj2m using etheret cable , but i get a connection error ( u can't reach : 192.168.250.1 :9600 )

is there any configuration that need to be done on the plc ? i mean i don't quite get (the node and all thoese properties i fnd on cx-programmer) ?

FINS doesn't know Ethernet, it's far older.  So you need to set a network number and node number, that's what FINS knows.  In the PLC configuration, you can build a table which translates the net/node to an IP address.

hi ,thanks for the replay 

how do i do that , using cx-programmer 

another question please , do you recommand in other way to connect to my plc ....after i checked cj2m in that factory don't have the adapter for the modbus protocol..i am so lost .

Why would you need Modbus to talk to a PC?  Use FINS or Ethernet/IP.

i used it :D i mean the FINS  protocol and it worked , i connected to the main  , using port 9600. 

i just have a question : the fact that i connected to the main with FINS ?can i read memory area that is located lik in sub programm ? ( i have no experience in plc ) 

when i open cx-programmer i have the main and other programms do u see what i mean ? can i read a memory that it's located in other feeder for exemple ?

Capture.PNG

Your project has 2 different PLCs in it.  You would need to connect to both CPUs.

i was able to do it , i connected to each block that contain the memory i needed to read and it worked ..thank you so much for your help and your time :D