HDeno

Powerflex 525 overwrites accel/decel parameters...

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I have a strange problem.. I got an application with 10 PF525 all pretty much doing the same job...  BUT, one of them has a weird problem. When I do a power cycle, the Accel Time 1 and Decel Time 1 get overwritten with values of 0.25 second instead of the 1.00 second I entered in the parameters...  This then creates faults as the VFD will trip under such a short decel time.. If I change it manually back to 1.00 I am good to go until next power cycle, where it reverts to 0.25 again...   I communicate to them using Ethernet IP to do that start/stop, but I do not send any parameter config through Enet....

Anybody has an idea as to what might be happening here?

Thanks

Edited by HDeno

Are you controlling bits 8, 9,10,11 of the controlword from the PLC? 

In particular, you can set the acceleration rate by setting bits 8 and 9 as follows:

bit 8 = 1 and bit 9 = 0 set the Accel Rate toAccel Rate 1 (fixed in parameter P041 [Accel Time 1])

bit 8 = 0 and bit 9 = 1 set the Accel Rate toAccel Rate 2 (fixed in parameter P442 [Accel Time 2])

You can set the deceleration rate by setting bits 10 and 11 as follows:

bit 10 = 1 and bit 11 = 0 set the Decel Rate toDecel Rate 1 (fixed in parameter P042 [Decel Time 1])

bit 10 = 0 and bit 11 = 1 set the Decel Rate toDecel Rate 2 (fixed in parameter P443 [Decel Time 2])

What version of firmware do you have on all 10 drives? Right click on the drive when in RSLinx and select properties.