Jim82

A2SH ethernet configuration

15 posts in this topic

Hi all!

I have an old A2SH PLC that has an ethernetmodule (AJ71E71) installed.
But I can't communicate with the PLC thru ehternet in GX IEC Developer 7.04.
The module answers on PING command and I also use an HMI (Beijer T7A) over ethernet that works flawless...

Anyone got any idea why it wont work with Developer?

Br,
Jim

Edited by Jim82

What port no. do you use? Can you paste pict. of transfer setup of GX IEC?

Maybe has something to do with the ethernet configuration in the plc program?

Skärmklipp.PNG

OK. Try to add this network to your prg.  You have to change i/o  (in my case XB9, YA8, XB0) and head address in TOP commands, (In my case it is hA).

This opens channel 1 as UDP on port 256 (h100) for communication.

eth_setting.JPG

I've tried your conf on 3 diffrent ports/channels but without luck...
Ive attached my ethernet conf if anyone wanna take a look at it.

I use port/channel 1 and 4 as it is now... for the HMI and sending some values to a server...

ethernet_conf.zip

Edited by Jim82

I just talked to the Mitsubishi support team and they told me that GX IEC developer cant handle the ethernet connection to this module... seemes strange but.
They advised me to change CPU to a Q-system....

It's not true. Right now i'm connected to the machine with A2SH CPU thrue ethernet.  Eth modul is only 10Mb/s, but everything is woking.
Try to use attached POU.  Use it insead of yours. BUT I changed eth port to 5000 (hexa 1388). You have to change it in transfer setup!

eth_1.zip

eth_1.zip

Edited by Fenix

I have never tried GX IEC or GX Dev against an AJ71E71 module but why not just use the SC09 cable? The HMI is working, so why not?

38 minutes ago, kaare_t said:

I have never tried GX IEC or GX Dev against an AJ71E71 module but why not just use the SC09 cable? The HMI is working, so why not?

Cause its better when you want to monitor certain things at the machine. Then you can watch the machine at the same time (using WiFi)
My plc is in another room then the actual machine...

19 hours ago, Fenix said:

It's not true. Right now i'm connected to the machine with A2SH CPU thrue ethernet.  Eth modul is only 10Mb/s, but everything is woking.
Try to use attached POU.  Use it insead of yours. BUT I changed eth port to 5000 (hexa 1388). You have to change it in transfer setup!

eth_1.zip

eth_1.zip

Great Fenix! 

It worked with your POU. Now i just have to open the ports for the HMI and the server....

(guess Mitsubichi support did want to sell me more stuff ;) )

Thanks alot!

Nice to hear that!

You are welcome.

I spent a lot of time to solve this problem a few years ago :-(

Had some trouble getting the other ports to work but I managed it... don't know why but I had to use UDP on the HMI and the server too.
Before I used TCP, but it doesn't matter which protocol as long as it works :)

Thanks again, it helped alot!

Edited by Jim82

Glad you sorted it out, as mentioned I haven't tried it but it looks like it was a "pain" to get it working...

As a small side note: UDP is much better since it reduces the amount of traffic on your network (and hence is faster) as long as you're using already verified or polled protocols. TCP is only an advantage if you have multiple segmented packages, or protocols that doesn't have built-in CRC's. Most well-known (all that I can think of) industrial protocols have built-in CRC's and don't use segmentation. This also includes all copper Ethernet protocols from Mitsubishi. I don't know why every supplier set default TCP since it is essentially a waste of resources and network speed, but I always recommend that if UDP is available then use it instead of TCP!

9 hours ago, kaare_t said:

Glad you sorted it out, as mentioned I haven't tried it but it looks like it was a "pain" to get it working...

As a small side note: UDP is much better since it reduces the amount of traffic on your network (and hence is faster) as long as you're using already verified or polled protocols. TCP is only an advantage if you have multiple segmented packages, or protocols that doesn't have built-in CRC's. Most well-known (all that I can think of) industrial protocols have built-in CRC's and don't use segmentation. This also includes all copper Ethernet protocols from Mitsubishi. I don't know why every supplier set default TCP since it is essentially a waste of resources and network speed, but I always recommend that if UDP is available then use it instead of TCP!

Thats some usefull information... I've always used to choose TCP!

Thanks kaare_t!

It's not problem to set TCP instead of UDP, but as kaare_t wrote, better to use UDP.