juone23

Micrologix 1400 & Panelview 1000 HMI Interface

5 posts in this topic

Hi is there a sample PLC code (link/tutorial/guide) on how the interface between a micrologix 1400 and a panelview 1000 HMI is done? I know it has to be done using indirect addressing mode, but I am not sure how to do it. Thanks in advance. 

What is the exact model # of your Panelview and what type of communication are you planning on using between your Micrologix and the Panelview. (Serial-RS232, Ethernet, other?)

(Not so sure about the indirect addressing mode for comms between a 1400 and a PV???????????????)

Someone can tell you more once you provide the model #.

BCS

Edited by Bering C Sparky

Here is a cheat sheet for connecting a Micrologix 1500 and Panelview + 2711P-B10C4B2.

These will not match your equipment but it will give you a very good idea of how it is done.

(As long as you are not using an old panelview standard, then it will be different)

Post your model # and someone will be able to set you on the correct path.

BCS

PV_TO MICROLOGIX.pdf

Edited by Bering C Sparky
1 person likes this

Hi, I will be using Ethernet communication with a cross over e-thernet cable through a e-thernet switch. The panelview PN is 2711P-T10C4A1 Ser. A. 

The PV to Micrologix interface PDF guide you pointed out above it is almost perfect. this will almost match what I need to do. The B9 & N7 registers mentioned on it, are the registers used for indirect addressing, but I still need to do how to use them or set them up on RSLogix 500 and Panelview. I will use that tutorial to see if I can get somewhere, but if you have any other ideas, please share. 

Also, I have a robotic arm that is operated from a 1400 micrologix plc. I will make another post for that...

I have successfully interfaced the Micrologix 1400 and my panelview 1000. In the process I used the RS-232 DF1 driver to communicate with the PLC. At some point I had to disconnect RSLinx Classic so that RSLinx Enterprise could communicate with the PLC as well.

The problem I have is that I need to go back to RSLinx Classic, but RSLinx Enterprise is still using the RS-232 F1 driver. How do I stop/prevent RSLinx Enterprise from using the driver? Thank you.