Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robbo99

Setting up 1794-IF8IH card

4 posts in this topic

Good Afternoon,

This is the first time I have used a 1794-IF8IH and was after some help with setting up the analogue scaling.

Normally in logix5000 on analogue cards you can select the desired scaling for each channel of the card under the configuration tab by selecting 0-20mA or 0-10V etc in the drop down boxes.

According to page 16 of the manual http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1794-in115_-en-p.pdf it appears as if this has to be setup in the PLC tags.

Is anyone able to give an example of the PLC tag address where I would place a value which represents the scaling that I was hoping to use

ie: DropNumber:5:C:Ch0DataFormat_0

Cheers,

Robbo

Edited by Robbo99
Turns out AB dont want screenshots of docs...

Scaling in Ladder sucks without the SCL/SCP the SLC uses.  But this should work.  Also an example in FBD if you have it.

Should work.  Turn on Bit 2 of each channel to make it 4-20mA.  Bits 0,1,3 should be off.

aentladder.JPG

fbd.JPG

On Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 11:35 AM, TravisPedley said:

Scaling in Ladder sucks without the SCL/SCP the SLC uses.

If you go to the A-B Sample Code Library and search for "SCP", you should find two SCP Add-on Instructions. They look and function like the SLC instruction.

I use it, it just never ceases to amaze me that they keep making instructions that are only for lad/fbd and so on.