Prizm_Controls

Unity Pro TIME_TO_INT FFB

3 posts in this topic

So i have a bit of a dilemma and am feeling rather confused. I have a TIME_TO_INT FFB. The input to the FFB is t#2m and the output of the block is -11072. This value is being divided by 1000 and presented to the HMI. HMI's goal is to be showing a number represented in seconds. This is existing logic and obviously there is issues with it. Can anyone help and shed some light? How to intepret the output of the TIME_TO_INT block? Thanks all.

Actually, the output is probably an UNSIGNED number.  Not sure how Unity does it, but I have used similar commands on other PLCs and its output is typically a number of milliseconds or nanoseconds.  Hence the divide by 1000.

Thanks for the input. Figured it out. Output from the TIME_TO_INT is in milliseconds. The -11072 was displayed as an INT. I changed the output tag to be defined as a TIME data type as well. I ended up dividing it by 1000 before converting it to an Integer in Structured Text. HMI is happy as a clam and it works well. Thanks all for the quick response, its greatly appreciated!