Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jaycee

CX-Programmer CQM1 Communications

2 posts in this topic

I have a CQM1 processor with a serial to ethernet converter. I have set the IP address of the converter and can ping it and get a response. My problem is that when I select the CQM1 processor type in CX-programmer 4.03 it only gives me Toolbus and Sysmacway for communications. There is no ethernet option. Is there a way to communicate to this processor with the serial to ethernet converter and if so how would you set it up in cx-programmer? Thanks for any assistance. Jaycee

Hi there Jaycee....the problem is not with CX-programmer but with the understanding of how all of these things are going to go together on your behalf.....sorry to say... To cut a long story short...The ethernet to serial convertor you have must have some sort of driver software that sets up a virtual Serial Communicaitons Port on your PC this could be COM7. You then need to point CX-supervisor to talk to COM7 (just as if you had a real serial port connected) with the various settings of Sysmacway, 9600, 7 E 2. Hope that helps....