Portia

GX Works 3 '..Memory is Insufficient...'

16 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm trying to use Mitsubishi GX Works 3 version 1 for the first time and get a 'memory is insufficient' error window when I try to open/start a new project or if I try to open a PLC project a co-worker made. I am using Windows 10/64-bit, company we purchased the software from says they are using it on windows 10 without issue. I get the error with no other programs running, have 6 GB RAM, and have 90% hard drive space available. I have monitored Task Manager while opening a file, RAM usage seems fine, and have tried opening with "Run as storminess".  I have tried uninstalling the program using the window "uninstall or change a program" - is the a different way to uninstall this program that will wipe it more completely? The install CD has Disk1, Disk2, Disk3(DocFX) sub folder , Support folders - I ran the .exe file from all 3. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am able to open an HMI project in GT works 3 without issue.

I attached a screen shot of the error.

Thanks so much!!

Program_Error.png

I've never tried to install it on a Win10 computer, but it's not officially supported. I don't even have Win10 right now, but can you set it into "Compatibility mode" (like "run as in Win7" or similar)? Does your co-worker also use Win10, or just you?

Thanks for your ideas. Co-worker who uses the Mitsubishi software has windows 7. I tried using compatibility mode selecting windows 7, did the same thing :( It's so strange that the file seems to open fine, as you can see in the screen shot the ladder window has opened and behind that 2 tag lists or something have opened first.

I agree, and I also think that it 'should' work . Did you open the project directly when the error occurs (dobbelclick the project file itself)? Have you tried starting GW3 and see what happens? If that works out, then try to open the project from inside GW3?

In GX Works3 v.1.020W these bugs are gone.

Dear friends ,

i have version 1.031H and i have the same problem. Also when i am trying to open global type program shut down. My os is windows 7 pro and my ram is 8gb.

does anyone know's something?

Edited by Thodoris

Running 1.031H on a HP laptop with 64 bit Win 7 Pro without your problems.

Could it be hardware related problems ?

Running fine on 2 x 64bit Windows 10 prof installs here in our office.

Does anyone knows what should I check? 

On ‎2016‎-‎02‎-‎10 at 8:47 PM, Portia said:

Thanks for your ideas. Co-worker who uses the Mitsubishi software has windows 7. I tried using compatibility mode selecting windows 7, did the same thing :( It's so strange that the file seems to open fine, as you can see in the screen shot the ladder window has opened and behind that 2 tag lists or something have opened first.

Your screenshot indicates that the opened program window is "(Read Only)".

Is it possible that the file is located on a remote drive and opened from another computer at the same time ?

Did you write the code yourself, or did you copy the code from a USB stick ?

Make sure that the write protection of the files is disabled.

Dear Bryll

You are speaking for another occasion. Please check my screenshots.

Edited by Thodoris

Hello. With big disappoint i re-install software and i have same problem. :(

24 minutes ago, Thodoris said:

Hello. With big disappoint i re-install software and i have same problem. :(

The best idea is probably to call your local Mitsubishi support guys.

I had same error.did Uninstaller and reinstall.Updated version but error not solved.finally found solution.Just update in Tool-options-Ladder Editor-Ladderdiagram_Diplay Format-Display Connection of Ladderdiagram to 21 contacts.Then it solved

Edited by SSK
Added image