Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jiggadoo

Failed to open factory talk private directory for the application

9 posts in this topic

Hello!

I have been working with a Factory Talk Studio V8.0 and my computer was crashed, "blue screen". After this, I can not open my panel project anymore, I only get information

Failed to open factory talk private directory for the application.

How to save my project?

Now I am very much worried, I can not even restore my earlier backup file (.apa). I do get an information

Unable to restore the application .....

Please check

- there is sufficient disk space

- the application is not open elswhere

- The destination application does not already exists

Items 1 and 2 are checked, last one I do not know what does it mean. Removing the project files or leaving it to the folder does have any affect .

:dance:

I found the solution now from internet....

Restarting does not help but when I deleted 2 existing files in project PrivateDirectory - folder, I was able to open my project again. Program was creating these 2 files by itself again. Probably, there was some damages with these files.... If someone have more knowledge of these files, I would be happy to understand it!!!:-2

1 person likes this

On 4/2/2016 at 1:38 AM, Jiggadoo said:

:dance:

I found the solution now from internet....

Restarting does not help but when I deleted 2 existing files in project PrivateDirectory - folder, I was able to open my project again. Program was creating these 2 files by itself again. Probably, there was some damages with these files.... If someone have more knowledge of these files, I would be happy to understand it!!!:-2

thanks a lot, that was very helpful

I am having same problem, which 2 files need to delete? Thanks

Hello, its true the answer of Joshua.

This is the route in W7:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\HMI projects

Delete this:
[Name proyect].prd
[Name proyect].prd.bk

This for me work fine.

Best reggards. :dance:

1 person likes this

Hello, please I just realized this post deals with an issue am currently having, and so I think asking for help here will be most appropriate.

I just installed Factory Talk View version 8, and licensed it. But every time I try creating a new project/application, it fails and displays this message: "Failed to open factory talk private directory for the application".

Please what am I doing wrongly?

Thanks for your help!

1 person likes this

On ‎17‎.‎8‎.‎2016 at 8:30 PM, francisedetz said:

Hello, please I just realized this post deals with an issue am currently having, and so I think asking for help here will be most appropriate.

I just installed Factory Talk View version 8, and licensed it. But every time I try creating a new project/application, it fails and displays this message: "Failed to open factory talk private directory for the application".

Thanks for your help!

Hi!

I had this same problem too, I was installing the program and could not open or create any projects.

In my case, problem seems to be firewall. When I accepted this in Firewall settings, everything works fine.

On 8/17/2016 at 1:30 PM, francisedetz said:

Thanks for your help!

Hi did you find a solution finally? I am having the same problem.