saakshivaishu

“Project Failed to read “new screens”.

7 posts in this topic

I was working On Cx designer to to create NS series HMI.

When I gave command to save the screens, within that 5 seconds of saving time             

Due to sudden power shut down my PC also shut down at the time of saving the File .

After that I tried to open that file after power came, it is showing as “Project Failed to read “new screens”.

Please, I need help to open that file.

If your PC powered off while it was writing I would bet the files are corrupted.  Doubt they can be retrieved.  If your power is unstable, consider a laptop or a UPS.

1 person likes this

On 06/02/2016 at 8:19 PM, Crossbow said:

If your PC powered off while it was writing I would bet the files are corrupted.  Doubt they can be retrieved.  If your power is unstable, consider a laptop or a UPS.

thanks for your reply.yes i am planning to change system.but at the same time i am trying to retrieve the data in that corrupted file.

What part of corrupted makes you think it's still readable?

Now I am learning to develop screens in cx designer, actually in this beginning stage I got some confidence  in creating screens, actually I can’t accept that I had lost that file,

Anyway ,I understood now ,I had lost that file.

After posting this message , I am doing further works by opening a new project,

I am trying to know ,how to retrieve the data in such files, in future,

If the same problem happen in the upcoming projects.

If there is any problem, there will be solution too.in 90 % cases.

If we think there is a chance of problem, we should find the solution before that problem occur…..

A CX-Designer project is saved as an IPP file and a directory of various other files of the same name as the IPP file.

If you are concerned about data corruption, do a SAVE AS every once in a while and give it a new name.  Or make multiple copies of the project (like a backup!).  I keep copies of my work on my PC, a portable hard drive, and a cloud drive.

There's nothing the software is doing which is causing your file loss.  I've used it for years with never a single corrupted project.  The problems was your loss of power.

3 hours ago, Crossbow said:

A CX-Designer project is saved as an IPP file and a directory of various other files of the same name as the IPP file.

If you are concerned about data corruption, do a SAVE AS every once in a while and give it a new name.  Or make multiple copies of the project (like a backup!).  I keep copies of my work on my PC, a portable hard drive, and a cloud drive.

There's nothing the software is doing which is causing your file loss.  I've used it for years with never a single corrupted project.  The problems was your loss of power.

i understood.

and i will save it as you said

Edited by saakshivaishu