anhtuandrg

Connect Q02H PLC to HMI Proface

13 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have a system that using A2A PLC connect to 2 HMIs of Proface GP 2000 series using module A1SJ71UC24-S8. The module used RS422 interface to connect to HMI.  And they used multilink n:1, means 1 PLC - n HMIs. Attachment shows how they are connecting. My client just wants to upgrade to Q series and not to change the HMIs. I think I should replace the A1SJ71UC24-S8 by QJ71C24N. I can conect PLC to HMI by configuring 1:1. But then, when configuring n:1 (means 1PLC : 2HMIs), HMIs can not connect to PLC.

Have anyone here ever configured the multi-link n:1 between Mitsubishi Q PLC and Proface HMI GP 2000 series? Please help me :-)

Multi-link n_1.PNG

Did you use the wiring attached.

Which parameters have you set for the communication?

Multidrop.JPG

Thank for ur reply, Gambit

The wiring cable and the parameter setting in attachment are all suggestion in Proface HMI GP 2000 series connection manual. I did like they said but it didn't work :(

parameter.PNG

Wiring.PNG

EDIT: I googled a bit, and it looks like the "S8" module is a computer link module for the A-series. I would still recommend upgrading to Ethernet since it will greatly enhance and simplify your complete system.

Is it a realistic alternative to upgrade the system to Ethernet?

Edited by kaare_t

Hi Kaare_t,

Thanks for ur reply. I talk to my client, and they don't want to change HMIs. Because Two GP2501 HMIs that they integrated don't have Ethernet port. So Q series doesn't have appropriate module to AJ71UC24-S8, does it?

Edited by anhtuandrg

I don't think the Q-series have a computer link module (I might be wrong on this one). But which protocols can you choose in the HMI's? Would it be an option to set up several C24 cards in the Q-series, and pull wires from each HMI to each module (one C24 module per HMI)?

1 person likes this

Thank you kaare_t.

One C24 module per HMI might be the last possible option. I still don't get it. In connecttion manual of Proface GP2000 series, they told we can use multi-link n:1 option with QJ71C24. I will try to connect with Proface support and I will let you know soon.

Multi-link.PNG

Edited by anhtuandrg

I would ask them. I might be missing something here (never used the C24 this way before), but I don't think it will work.

1 person likes this

Hi kaare_t,

I asked the Omron Support about the problem. But they haven't replied me yet. Do you have any new imformation?

Have you asked Proface yet?

sorry, my mistake. I meant Proface. I asked Proface support, but they haven't answered yet.

Edited by anhtuandrg

You really need to wait for Proface. I have no idea how their driver and setup works. The PLC is a slave device, hence only replies to the requests (that I know nothing about) from the Proface HMI(s).

Dear 

Dont worry  i support from proface side ..............
you can replace New HMI GP4501TAD for your problam

GP2500 was absolute , you can convert program GP2500 to  New GP4501 by Project Converter 

Thankhu