Div_by_zero

Running a PID loop on an FR-D700 inverter

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

Currently running an FR-D700 inverter by feeding it a 4-20 mA speed reference and pulling the STF run forward signal low.  The VFD is running a ring compressor / regenerative blower.

Would like to change the setup so that a pressure transducer on the low pressure side of the blower feeds the VFD a 4-20 mA signal, and the VFD's on board PID loop modulated the drive speed so that a certain pressure set-point is maintained.

I'm assuming this is possible and a pretty standard setup?  Do I just change some parameters so that it will consider the 4-20 mA loop the PV?  How do I change the SP on the fly?  Is that done via a parameter change, or can a second analog loop be used as the SP?

Thanks for any help!

Hello colleague,

SP for PID can be set from the control panel or external analog input. With a value of the control panel is used Pr.133. We tune Pr. 79 - 3.

Also be used and parameters Pr.128 - Pr.134 and Pr.575, Pr.576.

Start of PID can use terminal RH set to 14 (Pr.182) or automatic switchover frequency Pr.127.

Good luck.

Edited by kraykov

Thanks kray, good info.

So what units will Pr.133 be entered in?  Will it be raw A/D counts, 4.000 - 20.000 ma, or something else?

edit: OK, I see it's going to be 0-100 %.

So if the 4-20 mA signal from my pressure transducer is 0-15 PSI, then setting Pr.133 to 50.0 will make the PID's SP=7.5 PSI.  Got it.

Thanks again.

Edited by Div_by_zero

Hi, can I know step by step how to setup pid controller in inverter D700 ? now my plant running by using PLC Mitsubishi .. thank you :)