gromit

MicroLogix 1000 upload/download

8 posts in this topic

How can I connect to a MicroLogix1000 PLC to upload a program, and then connect to a new MicroLogix1000 PLC to download the previously uploaded program?

The CAT number is 1763-L16AWA SER B FW 12.

I notice that there is a cat5 Ethernet port, so can I connect to it with my laptop with a cat5 crossover cable.

If so, how would I be able to determine the IP address for which to set up in the RSLinx driver station mapping?

There is no Ethernet port on a Micrologix 1000, this is a Micrologix 1100. Using the front LCD display and buttons you can navigate to the screen which shows the IP address (assuming the unit has one) 

Edited by b_carlton

Sorry. . . you are correct.

The controller that I have is a MicroLogix1100, NOT 1000.

So, as you stated, using the display buttons I should be able to determine the IP address???

Once the IP address is determined, shall I be able to communicate with, upload, and download to the controller via Ethernet crossover cable?

Thanks.

Assuming you have the RSLogix 500 package. Fortunately for the 1100 the package is free. Just a download.

Realize that the PLC does not have any of the comments or nicknames that the original source may have contained.

Edited by b_carlton

Yes sir, I do have RSLogix500.

Sooo, shall I be able to upload the program while the skid is running, without impacting operation?

Yes, you should be able to do that without affecting the running.

Awesome Carlton.

I hope to get an opportunity to do this directly, at which time I will let you know how it went.

Much appreciated.

3 hours ago, gromit said:

Sorry. . . you are correct.

The controller that I have is a MicroLogix1100, NOT 1000.

So, as you stated, using the display buttons I should be able to determine the IP address???

Once the IP address is determined, shall I be able to communicate with, upload, and download to the controller via Ethernet crossover cable?

Thanks.

just my 2 cents you don't need a crossover cable ,the port has auto-detect feature and would work fine with regular CAT-5 cable