chandrakcet

Omron's CP1E-NA Using Mobus-RTU Easy Master FUnction

14 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am using CP1E-NA PLC, RS-232 to RS-485 converter(Make: BB-Electronics) and one wireless gateway(Make: Banner). I have wired the RS-232 port of PLC to converter and then to RS-485 points of gateway. As per the CP1E CPU Unit Software's User Manual, I have did the port settings, programming and DM area allocation. I am trying to read the holding registers of my gateway using the function code, 03. But in PLC, I am getting the error code of 80 (i.e. response was not received from slave) in A640.02 and didn't get any response data which is starting from DM1254. Also, in CP1E CPU Unit Software's User Manual, they have provided the DM area allocation for command not for response. Can someone please share the information to solve my problem.

Regards,
Chandru

Have you tried connecting the B&B convertor and the Banner Wireless Gateway to a computer??  I would verify all those connections first before tackling the CP1E.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have communicated with PC through this converter. It is working fine and I can read the holding registers of gateway using ICC Modbus Master Tool (which I downloaded from internet)

For your additional information, here CP1E-NA is set as Modbus Master and gateway is set as Modbus Slave. In my gateway, there are DIs & DOs. My gateway is mapped to a wirelesss node through wireless radio communication. I switched on a DO in my gateway throuh. Now I am trying to read that status of DO from Omron PLC by setting it as master through Mobus-RTU Easy Master Function.

Look closer on the Software Manual. There IS Response Data Memory Area explained there.

If you are using the Built-in serial port, Command Area should start from D1200, and Response Area from D1250

Careful about the wiring. Omron RS232 Port is non-IBM Standard, so SD, RD, GND, and other wires placement might be different from BB's serial port. Look up to the schematic. You might need to make a special jumper wire

Hi Innoaloe,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I agree with you for RS232 port and I have made the wiring correctly as per the CP1E's Hardware Manual. I need the communication data format which is starting at 1203 as well as the response data format which is starting at 1254. Here attached is the image shows DM area's allocation in my program. For this program, I am getting the error code of 80H in 1252.56a5ac046bf59_DMareaallocationforreading

1 hour ago, chandrakcet said:

Hi Innoaloe,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I agree with you for RS232 port and I have made the wiring correctly as per the CP1E's Hardware Manual. I need the communication data format which is starting at 1203 as well as the response data format which is starting at 1254. Here attached is the image shows DM area's allocation in my program. For this program, I am getting the error code of 80H in 1252.56a5ac046bf59_DMareaallocationforreading

Error Code 80H would mean a Response Timeout, which can translate into :

1. Wrong Wiring. For this case check the wiring

2. Slave MODBUS function is not yet enabled. For this case check the slave manual

3. PLC MODBUS function is not yet enabled. For this case set to MODBUS Easy-Master, transfer setting, and restart the power supply

Could anyone please tell me do we need to enter slave address, function code, etc., in 1250 to 1299.

Also please tell me communication data format  which is starting at 1203.

On 1/25/2016 at 4:19 PM, chandrakcet said:

Could anyone please tell me do we need to enter slave address, function code, etc., in 1250 to 1299.

Also please tell me communication data format  which is starting at 1203.

For your first question, that won't be necessary.

For your second question, let's say you want to Read One Register, starting from Address 0000, from Slave Address 01
Thus your MODBUS data will be (in hex) :
1200 : 01
1201 : 03
1202 : 04 (4 bytes from 1203 to 1204 are to be sent)
1203 : 0000 (Register Address)
1204 : 0001 (Read only One Register)

Hi All, 

Here attached are the screenshots of my CP1E-NA PLC’s Modbus program, DM allocation and port settings.

My Modbus slave device has the Modbus Holding Registers of 40001-16 and 2 wire half-duplex RS485 Pins. I want to read these holding registers from Built-in RS232 Port of CP1E-NA. I am using RS232-RS485 converter for connecting PLC & my Modbus slave device. When I execute my program, I am getting the error code of 80H (A response was not received from the slave). But I can successfully read the holding registers of my slave from ModScan64 software in PC through the same RS232-RS485 converter. I have provided the correct RS-232 wiring from CP1E as per the hardware manual. Problem is from CP1E and I don’t know how to solve this. Please help me in this regard.

Following are the details of my slave device:

Slave ID: 1

Function Code: 3

Number of Registers: 16

Starting Address: 40001

Communication: RS485, Half-duplex

Protocol: Modbus RTU

Baud Rate: 19200

Parity: None

Data Bits: 8

Stop Bits: 1

Flow Ctrl: None

DM_and_RS232Port-Settings.jpg

Errorcode-80H.jpg

Program-When_A640.0_is_ON.jpg

Hello!

I'm also facing some problems with Modbus communication over a  Omron CP1W-CIF11 Port  that I have hardwired on the right side of a CP1E PLC. Attached you will find a simple test program that I have done form testing the communication with a Danfoss Drive. I only want to 2 read registers but I keep receiving the 80 Hex error. Any ideas what is wrong on the program?

Thanks in advance,

Bruno

test.rar

To add to the above reply:

I have hardwire the omron cp1w-cif11 in the following way:
All dip switchs ON expect number 4.

- Terminal 68 from Danfoss connected to RDB+ and SDB+ pins
- Terminal 69 from Danfoss connected to RDB- and SDB- pins

Edited by Brunofunchas
1 person likes this

From PM today:

I need a help from you. I communication between PLC CP1e and inverter 3G3JX, when I transfer data (reference frequency..), it is fire but when I read data of motor (frequency, ampere,.. ), it sent DM 1352 0088h( An exception response was received from the slave), I reall don't know how to deal it, I have done all same CP1E user's manual.

Is there someone that can show me the example of ladder diagram for modbus RTU communication? The case is actually i need to read data from Arduino to CP1L M-Type Series

On 3/22/2018 at 0:54 PM, Robby Yanwar said:

Is there someone that can show me the example of ladder diagram for modbus RTU communication? The case is actually i need to read data from Arduino to CP1L M-Type Series

this is my cx programmer connect from indicator weighing scale to CP1E, please check it

MODBUS RTU.cxp

coil status.png

input status.png

holding register.png

input register.png

Modbus_Application_Protocol_V1_1b3.pdf

1 person likes this