WattUp

Unknown Ethernet error.. Device U1C\G20480

6 posts in this topic

Let me try to explain this correctly.. 

I have a machine built and coded in Japan, so while I know 90% of the code and functions there are certain parts of the code I have never touched. 

Today i started getting an error that is commented as E-Net, so I am assuming its an ETH I/O issue.. but the device is something I have never seen. U1C\G20480  Can someone explain to me what this device is or how it is used? 

I was able to clear the message by killing power to the entire cell, but still have no idea what device had an error. 

Which PLC type is are you using system Q ? Which Software ? 

I expect this should be U1\G20480 which would make it BFM address 20480 of the module starting with IO adress 10

Yes this is a Q series plc, using GXDeveloper.  

Do the remote modules have rotary switches for address numbers? I have never touched the remote I/O on this cell, or any Mits system, I am more familiar with Omron and Yaskawa hardware. 

This depends on the remote IO head station and network used

But mostly yes. 

Edited by Gambit

As Gambit has said, the address  U1C\G20480 translates as Buffer Memory 20480 of the special function module residing at Hex Address 1CO.

I have a special function module that enables the a Q PLC to take its place on an older A series Melsecnet system ,and bumped into this method of addressing when researching the code I needed to write. For example, my module sits at Hex address 2C0 and I have to write U2C\G1024 to access buffer memory 1024.