Ben

Safety Unlock Password

5 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I have a guardlogix processor that I just safety locked with a known password. When I tried to unlock, that password didn't work. Upon reading a bit I realized that the lock and unlock passwords are separate. I never set the unlock password but blank doesn't work. Could it be a leftover due to program copy paste or is there a way to find/reset this unlock password.

That one is only going to be able to be addressed by Rockwell Support.  We can't discuss passwords here.

TWControls,

I'm not trying to hack a machine. I am commissioning one and set the Lock  password. Thought the same would work for unlock unfortunately it didn't.

This is the first time I'm working with AB safety and so need some help. 

Here is a question, if you copy an old program, modify it for another processor/cell, would the unlock password stay as the old program?

Again guys, I'm not trying to hack or create trouble, its a genuine question and I need some guidance.

I agree it's a legit question. Just be careful that it doesn't go down the slippery slope. Rockwell keeps an eye out for threads like this and we get in trouble if it turns towards password hacks.

OK, I got the unlock from someone on who guessed it. All good now.