abdoon89

SLC5/01 to SLC5/03 Program change

12 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone.

I have a program that was in SLC 5/01, I have to download it to SLC 5/03, howerver, once I turn the cpu to the run state, the FLT lamp start flashing. I tried to compare the original program to the downloaded one because thier size became different as the CPU changed but there was no mismatch!

My Q is How I could  troubleshoot this fault!

Thank You in advanced.

It's probably an I/O module mismatch.

While online with the controller using RSLogix 500 software, go to the Processor Status window, then the Errors tab.

The codes there will tell you exactly what is generating the fault in your controller.

1 person likes this

First you need to narrow down the fault.  In the left pane double click on Processor Status then click the error table and tell us what the error description is.

status.png

1 person likes this

Thank You both  for your rapid reply.
I will give it a try as soon as possible and will let You know about it.

This is the error screen, I read that this error  (S:1/13) is happening when f the preset of timer T4:0 or other timers is negative.
The screen is also showing the error rung and files which indicates T4:3. I tried to change the ACC of T4:3 to 0,, however, the fault is still there!
One more thing is that when I am online and start running the PLC the ACC of T4:3 goes directly to 24000!
any idea??

RS logix error.jpg

Edited by abdoon89

Sorry to say that, but I didn't see the Error description as it is my first time to deal with AB. I realised that the I/O is not the propper one for my SLC 5/03, I still need your help in configuring this I/O to work properly with this CPU.

I also need to ask how come is that S:20=0 and s:21=2 indicating the error is in the specified routine??

First fix the I/O configuration.    You said that all you changed was the controller, but clearly you also changed the I/O structure.

The easiest way to do this is to use the "Read I/O" button on the IO configuration screen.   Or, you can go through the IO configuration and manually enter each I/O module's part number.

Once your I/O fault is cleared, you can figure out if there are other program-related faults.

1 person likes this

I never used the 5/01, but isn't it a block I/O with onboard ins and outs?  That generally shows up  as  a module and will be missing in a 5/03.

1 hour ago, PLCMentor.com said:

I never used the 5/01, but isn't it a block I/O with onboard ins and outs?  That generally shows up  as  a module and will be missing in a 5/03.

Similar to the SLC 5/02 less I/O, a little slower. DH485 only just like the SLC 5/02.

http://www.ab.com/en/epub/catalogs/12762/2181376/2416247/1239758/1734517/SLC-Processors.html

The program ran very well after inserting the proper I/O modules.

Many thanks to You all

Edited by abdoon89

Great to hear. Thanks for reporting back!

1 person likes this