Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tramorn

Timer indirect adressing

4 posts in this topic

Hello guys engineering student here. I want to ask can I use adress in timers set value also for counter . I think I cant sorry for asking this my english is not so good.  Thanks

Yes you can. That is well explained in the programming manual.

Or, even easyer: Right click on the instruction, then choose: "Instruction help".

That will give you this:

Capture.JPG

Edited by pfort

Are you asking if you can use a Timer's present value as the set value in a counter (like this:  CNT 20 T10)?  I think pfort answered this one above.  Note that it is the timer present value and not the timer setpoint if you use a timer address in the counter instruction.

Or, are you asking if you can use the same address as the set point for a counter and a timer at the same time (like this:  TIMX 5 D0 and CNTX 20 D0)?  In this case, if you had a value of 10 (INT as shown in this example) in D0, then the timer would time for 1.0 s and the counter would count up to 10 before turning on their respective contacts.

In either case, the answer is yes, but I am not sure why you would want to use a timer's present value as a counter's setpoint.

I'm pretty sure he meant to ask if he can use DM's or other words as SV for timer, and same question for counter...