Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kaiser_will

Looking for Modbus TCP fieldbus relay & PWM output module

2 posts in this topic

I have been scouring the internet for a solution, finding nothing that fits all of the design criteria.  

Wago Modbus TCP PLC system (750-series).  Remote I/O or local I/O; 24VDC relay outputs (area lighting) rated for 15A per channel; with PWM outputs (dimmable area lighting).  Would prefer on-machine I/O so as to not require junction boxes for every location (5 to 10 locations per machine).

Wago 750-series PLC outputs are limited to 2A.

I don't think there are any IP67 machine mount blocks with relay outputs. Those IO blocks are usually completely filled with epoxy and solid state relays that could do the job are a bit big to fit into that form factor. You're better off putting the relays with the lights and supplying normal IP67 outputs to them (unless you're telling me you have IP67 lighting).

EDIT: B&R has an IP67 Modbus bus controller that acts as a ModbusTCP server (slave) to control any of their IO. It should work with any Modbus TCP master; the only annoying thing is you can't control which registers it uses, those are automatically generated based on how you connect up the IO hardware.

Edited by CapinWinky