5 posts in this topic

Hi There

i have heard from our local mitsubishi dealer, that there is a Fx3U-ENET module which also supports Modbus TCP. so i ordered one, because i am planning to do a Project using a atv71 FU and a Codesys PLC, so the plan is, that these 3 Devices are able to communicate together over Modbus.

has anyone done something similar before? what do i need to setup in FX-Configurator EN, and how can i send modbus commands through that module. i am using GX-Works 2 and have a Structured project.

any help would be appreciated.

thank you

jason

There isn't a FX3U-ENET  module that support modbus

There is one FX3U-ENET-P502 module which support opening P502.

You will still need the FB for modbus from the mitsubishi site

Hi Gambit

thank you for your fast reply. yes you're right. i have the FX3U-ENET-P502 and on FX configurator i have one Ethernet open  TCP, Unpassive, Send, Procedure exists, No confirm, 502

i've now downloaded that FB library, but not from the Mitsubishi site, cause i did not found it. everything seems to be very confusing cause i did not found any manual or help file according to modbus tcp. if i would have a example, it would help very much..

thank you

FX Series - GX Works2 - Modbus TCP/IP - FX3UModbusTCPClient_GW2_V100
Download Centre
GX Works2 / Structured Mode / Function Block Library / Offering Modbus TCP/IP Client functionality for FX3U PLC systems with connected FX3U-ENET-P502 / FX3U-ENET Ethernet interface blocks.

FX Series - GX Works2 - Modbus TCP/IP - FX3UModbusTCPServer_GW2_V100
Controllers, Software
GX Works2 / Structured Mode / Function Block Library / Offering Modbus TCP/IP Server functionality for FX3U PLC systems with connected FX3U-ENET-P502 / FX3U-ENET Ethernet interface blocks