Pieter

ge fanuc series five Help needed loading program to Fanuc series five PLC

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I need to download the program into a series five PLC (both batteries empty in RAM module). I received the data that should do this. Looks like a copy of 3 floppies.

Does anyone have a GE Fanuc series Five PLC  can buy or borrow so I can test it? I already made a serial cable but need to know or find out how to do this.

Regards,

Pieter Hoeben

pieter.hoeben@gmail.com

Sorry but I think that your best hope will be on eBay. 

But I would not bother but get a new modern PLC and rewrite the program, it is just too old to depend on any longer. 

It is of an existing molding machine. I only have the Fancus series Five files and there is no documentation on what the PLC does or has to do. I do not know how to open these files or read them, so cannot read the PLC program.

Meaning rewriting is impossible without manufacturer info, loading into an existing one is the best option.

I feel your pain, but the Series 5 PLC has not been available for more than 20 years so there has been plenty of time to prepare for this.
 Also how do think the original Engineers wrote the program in your Series 5 PLC, as they had no previous program to copy either. You may need to use the same process.

Do you have the Manuals for the PLC 5? There are some here:
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?/files/category/15-manuals-tutorials/