anhtuandrg

Programing Q00 PLC: Main don't save

11 posts in this topic

I have a Q00 PLC from a customer who want to modify some in Main program. First I upload program from PLC using GXWork 2. Everything is ok. But when I download the editted program to PLC, it doesn't save the editted program. After powering off the PLC, I upload it again and find out it still saves the original program. There is no password for write protection. Anybody had the same problem?? Please help me!

Check the DIP switches on the PC.  It is possible to boot a Q to an internal ROM backup drive.  Maybe the switches are set for this and your program is being overwritten at each power up.
1 person likes this

Thank you so much for ur reply, Crossbow. I will check it and inform u soon   

Hi Crossbow, I checked the manual of QCPU series. They says there is no DIP on basic CPU. It means our Q00CPU doesn't have DIP swicth. I captured the manual in attachments. Do u have any advices???

When you program the basic models you can choose to boot from ROM. When you download you can select to download to ROM. Which software are you using? See picture from parameter settings where you choose to boot from ROM.
1 person likes this

Hi Kaare_t,

Thank you for ur reply.

I did check the parameter of original program in PLC, the parameter "Do boot from standard ROM" was checked. Then I unchecked and downloaded again to PLC. But after powering off, the parameter restored. The problem is still not solved. What should I do now :-(

Edited by anhtuandrg

First you need to clear/format the ROM, unless you do that the existing program will still overwrite (because it's still stored in ROM) the RAM memory. In transfer dialog, select to format and/or clear "ROM" and "RAM" memories. Do this, and then download the complete modified program.

1 person likes this

Hi kaare_t

This PLC has driven me crazy. I tried ur way but it didn't work. First I unchecked the option "Do boot from standard ROM" in parameter and downloaded new parameter. Second, I did clear and format memory of PLC. Then I downloaded the new program and parameter again. After all, I powered off. When power on, the original program restored. :lookingaround:

Edited by anhtuandrg

Sorry for repeating questions which you might have already done, but you also cleared and formatted the ROM memory in the PLC? Not just the RAM memory? There are two different options...

Which software are you using?

1 person likes this

Dear kaare_t

Thank you so much for ur support. I've already edited the PLC . After trying ur way, I tried the "Delete PLC data", then I downloaded new program and parameter (without "Do boot from standard ROM") by using Write program memory to Flash ROM. It worked

P.s: I use GX Developer version 8 to clear/format standard ROM of Q PLC. Then I downloaded the new program and parameter. But it still restored the original.

Edited by anhtuandrg

Make sure there are no settings in the Boot File tab of the parameters in the project you keep donwloading.  It may be set in your project.