firelient

Dongle

4 posts in this topic

Can someone tell me a easy way to take activation from computer and install to a Dongle.. Kind of new to this.. Thanks

can you specify what kind of license and what type of device (PLC ,HMI ...etc)  or what software (Rslogix 500 , rslogix 5000 ) ?

Have you spoken with your Rockwell distributor?  They may still offer the option of hard key licensing on a USB dongle.  However, having lived with both, you are better off with software activation, in my opinion.  Keep in mind that you will have to probably do this once a year.

I've done this several times before.  As long as you have the activation sheet that came with the software, I'm assuming you're talking about either RSLogix or Factorytalk or other Rockwell software.  So you open up FactoryTalk Activation Manager and click "Manage Activations" then click "Rehost Activations" then click on the one you want to rehost and click "Complete Rehosting".  Once you have successfully done that you will insert your USB dongle and click "Get New Activations".  Follow the procedure, you will select "Download activations to a removable storage device", you will select the USB dongle and then enter in the software Serial # and product key and then "Download Activation".  It walks you through it pretty easily.  Just make sure that you have the following: Factory Talk Activation Manager The Product Registration information (Serial # and Product Key) and the correct USB dongle.  I think Rockwell requires you to use their's.  It's like a green dongle.   Very easy to do.   Here's a screenshot of the "Rehost Activation" screen:     And one of the "Get New Activation" screen:     Let me know if you have other questions, good luck. Edited by hboyer90
Wording