rico

how to configure Ethernet connection TP177B to simatic field PG

3 posts in this topic

I have siemens hmi TP177B PN/DP on hand and I want to get the existing program on the hmi devices via Ethernet connection on my simatic field PG but I was unable to have a connection on the hmi via Ethernet, I have already set my PG interface to TCP/IP auto. And I also tried to ping the hmi address (192.168.0.4) which is set on the hmi device, but still its unreachable.

Good day to you sir. I assuming you are using wincc flex. and you want to get the existing program, either by" back transfer"  or " back up"  only. The back transfer is only accessible if the programmer is kind enough to enable the backtranfer option during he  downloaded the program, if not then there is no way for us to choose this option, because we can't find the pdz file extension. However we can backup the HMI program, but only backup, in this backup option we cannot edit the HMI program, and once we will download it,  also we need the same HMI model.

to communicate or access the HMI we  need to press the "TRANSFER" button. assuming you set the IP address in the HMI via ethernet not S7ethernet. then also set our wincc flex

communication setting to the same IP address in the HMI and it should work smoothly...

1 person likes this

Hi:

have a look into the touch screen in the Panel control, in S7 transfer settings. You must have the Ethernet configuration. maybe you have Porfibus configuartion or something wrong...

You can have a look to this site too: http://www.tecnoplc.com/ . Here you will find a lot about HMI control and S7-1200 and Siemens programming...

Good luck.