TigerLily

EIP Communication between Omron PLC and Keyence KV-5500

3 posts in this topic

I need some help and advice communicating between an Omron PLC and a Keyence KV-5500. My system typically uses an Omron CJ2M-CPU34 which comes equipped with the built in Ethernet IP port.  My customer is insisting that we change the CPU in our system to a CJ2H-CPU66-EIP in order to communicate with the Keyence KV-5500.  They have not been able to detail why their communications require the CJ2H, they just say they will be using Ethernet TAG communication and for this they need us to change the CPU. Has anyone successfully established communicated between the Omron PLCs and the Keyence?  If so how did you do it and which CPU did you use?  Is there an .eds file available for the Keyence CPU? Please help!!! They will be visiting from halfway around the globe to test communications in January so I want to be prepared!

CJ2H allows for 256 connections for tag data link while CJ2M allows only 32. CJ2H allows for a larger tag set size. Specs comparing them side by side are in the manual W465.
1 person likes this

We have a connection between a CJ2M-CPU31 and a Keyence KV-5500. They are each reading 8 bytes of data via Ethernet/IP. I'm not sure what the limit is. I'll need to get back with you on the eds file. Our machine was programmed in Japan. Keyence support for the 5500 series PLC does not exist in the US. I do know the configuration is performed using Keyence's KV Studio and Omron's Network Configurator.
1 person likes this