hhhjr

Read Genius bus over ethernet cpu 374

6 posts in this topic

I have a CPU374 with a CCM331 module connected to a bunch of genius I/O and powertrac modules. It used to be connected to a PC running Cimplicity with a PCIM card. I have successfully been able to read some of the points via the GE9 driver in Proficy IFIX but not all. Does the CMM331 need to be configured for all of the I/O modules or should I simply be able to see the data through the driver?  

The driver will be able to 'see' anything that is held in the CPU's registers. These addresses are configured in the CPU. The driver will not be able to read directly from the CMM331. 

Thanks for the reply. Somehow I am able to get some of the status of the variables. I am nor a plc guru, but I assume you would have to use a shift or move command on the genius variables in the ladder logic, but I do not see that. It has a old TLC quick panel attached to the serial port on the PS so somehow it is available on the serial port and through the ethernet port. it was originally a CPU 331, we uploaded the file, and simply changed the cpu in the program to a CPU374 and then re-downloaded the file. some how I am able to see it in IFIX with the GE9 driver  and in cimplicity using EGD. Looking at the ladder logic is perplexing as there is very little there. I have been compiling a database of the genius i/o as they labeled it on most of the blocks. I am also getting the I/O addresses with a 501 HHM. I can usually figure it out but I am stuck.  

Because of this the GE9 Driver will see only data from devices that are configured in the CMM331. You can verify what these are and which Address in the PLC is used by looking at the details of the Hardware Configuration of the CMM331 module. Use Proficy ME for this.

Thanks again. I rounded up a CPU350, a BEM331,  a Versamax Genius NIU and a couple of modules. I have set up a test rig to experiment with. I have successfully set everything up and have established communications between the plc and the versamax.  I have to make the assumption that the genius bus must available on the serial port on the PS as I have a quick panel hooked up on the 374. Going to do some experimenting. Howard

Do not make assumptions, read the documentation, it will be more accurate.