Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sachincool786

Popup windows on the FT View SE v8

6 posts in this topic

Dear Experts, I want to pop up a window automatically when a tag value becomes high. Please tell me how can i do it??? Eagerly waiting. Edited by sachincool786

There should be many resources on the Net to guide you through this process.  A possible method...create a PLC tag which will be the event trigger (this tag be set high when a tag value is above its range; reset the trigger tag when the HMI reset button is pressed); create a new FTView screen with whatever information you want and a button to close the pop-up (i.e., reset the trigger tag); write a FTView Macro to display the pop-up when the trigger tag is high. If you desire to do this for multiple tags, and you probably do not want to have multiple pop-ups that are all identical except for the trigger tag, you can code the PLC event and pop-up with PLC controller tags and push the tag name or description to the HMI (so as to display its function name). https://www.rockwellautomation.com/resources/downloads/rockwellautomation/pdf/events/raotm/sessions/manuals/L06-FactoryTalkView.pdf http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=93751

I tried what u said sir but not working .. believe me done everything.   And the topics u referred : I think u misunderstood the situation here. I don't want to show confirmation popup. I want to show a display. Edited by sachincool786

if i understand correctly, you do not wish to use popup window or dialog, you want to navigate to another HMI screen when certain condition is present. all HMI software has built in functionality to set/get screen number. this means you should look at manuals on how to switch screen on command from PLC. in he PLC you ca write expressions that require screen change (value outside of specific range for example).

Sir, i can understand but i am not able to find it anywhere in AB FT View SE

used the Display Number, then call your display in the Global connection "Display" you then used either Local Tag to call it up or PLC tag to call which display you want to be active.