ceb

KF2 and Rslinx enterprise

9 posts in this topic

I am trying to upload a factory talk visual studio HMI PSV1500 (2711P-RN6)so as to get the online version so I can modify it.  I am using a 1770-KF2 connected to an SLC405 on the DH+ network.  I can go on line to the PLC but cannot see the HMI.  The HMI is using RSLinx Enterprise and the SCL is using RSLinx Classic. Can anybody please help. 

First I am pretty sure your PLC is an SLC 504 not 405.  Second have you confirmed that your PSV1500 is using Dh+ and not RS232 to talk to the SLC?  If so it should be a matter of configuring the Linx Classic driver to see the PSV. Or configuring Linx enterprise on your laptop/PC so FTView can see the PSV.

you will need to config Rslinx Enterprise under the "Communications" tab under FTView Studio so you can browse to the HMI. Under Rslinx Enterprise, you have to add the  2711P-RN6  to Rslinx network and put in the HMI ID address. If everything is set correctly,  you should be able to "see" the HMI and upload the  application...

RSLinx Enterprise is used by FactoryTalk View to upload and download runtime files from the PanelView Plus terminal. RSLinx Classic is used by RSLogix 500 to upload/download and monitor the SLC-5/04 controller. It is possible that RSLinx Classic can use the 1770-KF2 via its DF1 serial driver.    I don't know, because I have never tried to combine that software and that interface. However, if RSLinx Classic is using the serial port on your computer to connect to the 1770-KF2, then RSLinx Enterprise will not be able to use that same serial port.   This is a basic computer resource issue. Because the PanelView Plus has Ethernet, USB, and flash memory ports, all of which can be used to transfer an application off the terminal, I recommend that you use one of those instead of trying to make the 1984-vintage 1770-KF2 module work with this software.

good point  Ken !  you should try with the other options such as Ethernet first before using 1770-KF2 module...

Thanks for all your suggestions.  Unfortunately the PSV cannot be seen under RSLinx classic as it only uses RSLinx enterprise. the best way of uploading is via ethernet.  I need to find out what the IP address is which is not possible as I cannot get into configure mode.  I need to use a USB keyboard to get into configure mode.  I will be trying this on Monday.

There are a couple of methods for using a removable memory card (CompactFlash or SD, depending on the age of your logic module) or a USB memory device in conjunction with an ordinary batch file script to copy the contents of the Runtime directory onto the memory device when the device is inserted. These are described in detail in the RA Knowledgebase, but that webserver may still be down for the upgrade this weekend.   You'll find the method discussed in the archives on PLCTalk.net, though.

To find the default IP address of a device, download and install the free utility WireShark.  Disable all ports on your PC EXCEPT the wired LAN port into the PanelView.  Disconnect all Ethernet sources in your Ethernet switch so that you wind up with only your development PC and the PanelView.  Start WireShark, connect to your LAN port, start sniffing, and get ready to document the IP address.  

What's most likely is that the terminal is still set for DHCP, so another technique would be to run the BOOTP/DHCP server with just the terminal on the switch.  
1 person likes this