Atticuss

140CPU67160 Modbus IO Scanning

8 posts in this topic

Hi, i'm new to this forum. I encounter some problem with the existing set up, where  Quantum Hot Stanby PLC (Master) can't read/write to 3rd party ESD PLC (Triconex). Quantum PLC need to read from ESD PLC where the configured IO for modbus is in bool(coil) instead of word (register). Any idea what i can do beside getting ESD PLC to change from boolean to word? thanks,

Use 30000 range registers to read from instead of 40000 registers? Dont know the ESD plc at all.  Looking again you cannot scan 30000 register. You have to convert the Bools into word bits.  Edited by cHud

The  PLC  scan IO in the Primary mode only. What is mode of your PLC?

Hi Leon78, Sorry i don't get what you mean by the mode. my quantum PLC is the master PLC while the Invensys (triconex) ESD is the slave.  

Hi Atticuss, The Quantum Hot Stanby PLC has 3 modes: Primary, Standby, Offline. You can see it on a LCD display. If your PLC has connect with IO drop(s), and did start first, it is Primary. If your transfer project from Primary PLC to other PLC, other PLC is Standby. If your PLC has no connect with IO drop(s) after start or see other Primary PLC after start and has different project in memory, it is Offline

Oh, Ok...i got what you mean. Yes, the PLC is in Primary mode, i manage to scan for other equipment (such as TSXETG100) but just not for the Triconex INVENSYS ESD PLC.  

Quantum 140CPU67160 is Hotstandby PLC, which has fiber optic connector and has no IO scanning. You have to use NOE771xx with MBP_MSTR logical block (function code 15) to read 3xx registers from other devices.

you have to open the ethernet network, and IOScanning to YES; there you have to fill the tables& select write mode / read mode & protocol & address map.;
save and download the project.