nehpets

FX3GE remote access

10 posts in this topic

I'm looking for some help regarding accessing a FX3GE processor via the internet. My client is on 192.168.0.**  - 255.255.255.0, and the PLC is on 192.168.1.** I know very little about networking, is it just a case of changing to 255.255.254.0 to access both networks or is there some other way to be able to talk to the PLC over the internet?   Thanks Steve  

Hi Steve,   The 255.255.255.0 is the same for both client and PLC. It is the subnetmask not the IP adres. Remember that you have to configure a gateway if you want to connect outside your network (building) trough the internet. To make it easy on youself use a secure remote acces router. Google 'eWon cosy 141' or 'Talk to M' for more information. There is a videoclip that tells you all you need to know even without network knowledge. http://ewon.biz/ewon-product/cosy-141 Best regards, Theo V.  

By the way Steve,   If you are accessing the FX3GE trough a local PC in the same network there is also a built-in webserver. Just type te PLC IP number in your Internet browser. Best regards, Theo V.

Hi Theo, Thanks for the replies, the reason I mentioned modifying the sub net mask was because one network was on 192,168,1 whilst the other was on 192.168.0. The ewon looks like a simple unit to use, but the cost in the uk is a little prohibitive for this small project (£600), I was looking for a more cost effective solution. I didn't know about the built in web page, I'll have to check that one out when I'm next on site.   Steve

I've checked out the web monitoring that is mentioned in all the sales documents and that was mentioned in an earlier post, but I'm unable to access it. The processor is on 192.168.1.250 (default), when this is typed into browser it reports 'unable to connect to server', I have tried three different browsers and have disabled all firewalls but it still won't play. Anyone managed to access this web monitoring?   Steve

Hi Theo, I am new here. Please can I have one question? I have one FX3GE on my table just now but I wasn't successful with the webserver launching. I was also looking for any information about the webserver in manuals but no success. My PLC: IP address: 192.168.3.10 Subnet Mask Pattern: 255.255.255.0 Default router IP address: 192.168.3.1 My laptop: IP address: 192.168.3.1 Mask: 255.255.255.0 The ping command is successful for the address 192.168.3.10 but no webserver is launched in the Internet browser with the IP address 192.168.3.10. Do you have any idea what could be wrong please? Thanks. Lambir Edited by Lambir

Hi Lambir, It should work. The router adress is this from a switch in the network or do you connect directly from the laptop to the PLC? I've done this webserver connection before during a FX3GE/GOT1400 training from the Mitsubishi distributor in NL with succes so it have to work one way or an other. I have one FX3GE-24 in a test enviroment at my workbench at the moment so I want to make a set up to test this. Hopefully I have some time this friday to check it out. (To be continued...) Never the less anyone else may give input as well. Attached  file is a FX3GE-GOT 1455 workshop in Dutch however the screenshots are in English and give a good example of the settings of the Ethernetports etc.   Best regards, Theo V.   FX3GE Hands-On Workshop GX-Works2 Analoog Part-Ladder en Struct GOT1455.pdf Edited by Theo V
File attached
1 person likes this

Hi Theo, thanks a lot! I am connected directly from my laptop to this PLC (without any switch or router). I don't have setup the Data monitoring on the port 80 in the TCP protocol for the WEB browser (the page 18 of your manual). That's probably why it is not working now. I am in my work just now but during this weekend I will test it and I will let you know my result. It doesn't matter that this manual is in Dutch because images are enough and Dutch is similar to English and German. Btw, I watch this forum for long time and I very appreciate help of all people. Again thanks. Regards, Lambir

Hi Theo, that's working! Thank you very much for your help. Regards, Lambir

Hi Lambir,   Thats great!  I like it when we can help each other in this forum. I also watch a lot of topics to learn from other members.   Best regards, Theo V.