gordone

Unity Pro 4.1 - Communication Setup.

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a system running for years, but we will update system with some smal changes so I need to understand the communication between the PLC and the Remote I/O`s. Please see attached screenshoot from VAR_READ and VAR_WRITE from my software. In the logic have the progammer used symbol name, please see attached example. It`s from the data VAR block use to the symbol name I got lost... Where is the logic link between MB_Rx30 (in attached example) to symbol name IO_CCR_Di206A.0 ??? If someting is not clear, please ask. Edited by gordone

Have you had a look in the help file for the explanation of the Read_var and write_var function blocks. It describes the complete operation of this. Mb_Rx30 will be an array containing the Values of %mw0-9 on the other plc or remote IO. Which I presume will be a mirror of all the remote inputs. Normally each bit in a integer will be an input. The same goes for Mb_Tx30 which will be an array of words being written, again I presume to outputs. Again normally each bit in a word will be an output Have you put those two arrays into an animation table to see what is inside them? Somewhere in the program these elements in the array will be written to and read from like the one object giving an input on the valve feedback. That input gets its value from the mb_rx30 array somewhere in your program Edited by cHud

Thank you for feedback, I think I wasent to clear in my explanation. I understand the part of the array, but I got lost further. I can see in the code that the input is used, please see attached screenshoot. But when I cross reef the symbol name I don`t get up something write to it, it must some logic somwhere who "unpack" the erray and load and transfer each bit (digital input), to the symbol names example IO_STB_DiTB33.2 ?? Is the only way to browse in the code to find the code who do the decoding og the word in the erray to bits?