tempname24756

Convert word to float?

6 posts in this topic

Hello. I have a digital signal sending a value to D1. I want to scale it down using this formula '(D1-1000)/100'. I've made my own function blocks using ST and at the moment it looks like this. The initial value is is 1454 and as you can see the subtraction works. It is now that I get some problems though. I want the value stored in D3 to be 4.54 but I don't know how to convert the data type to a float type. I've tried to use the word to real function but that did not work. I've tried to do FLTP(D2, D3);before the divide function but no cigar. I've also tried to change the data type of the D3 label directly but that gave me an error, as expected. I don't know what else to try so I'm turning my attention to here. Thank you. EDIT: U2/G11 = D1 Edited by tempname24756

A couple of questions. What PLC are you using, and what programming software version.

Sorry, I should have included this information. I use gx works 2 with mitsubishi's Q02H cpu paired up with a Q64AD i/o module.

Update; so I solved the issue and I feel so dumb right now. Everything could be done in 3 steps of ladder code and it took 10 seconds to write it out, haha. This is how I solved it.

I'm looking for the same.
How did you do?

Maybe not exactly the same but want Word to Float.
Ex: 102 = 1.02

Edited by Jonas80

@Jonas80 Pardon the crudity of the logic but the following changes your requested word 102 into float 1.02

Changing from INT to FLT requires the instruction FLT. Remember that integers only need one register while FLT require two. So when MOVing an int value of 102 into D0 the FLT instruction stores 102.00 into D2 and D3.

Also because we are now dividing a FLT number the modifier on the math instruction (divide) needs an E in front and the reference floating number is now prefaced with an E (float) not a K (integer).

Our result of 1.020 is now stored in D4 and D5.

Hope this helps.

CALC.thumb.png.03c754d7720e1648688f6da86

2 people like this