Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rdarling3599

How to jump to other LADs in RSLogix 5

2 posts in this topic

How do you jump to non LAD2 in RSLogix 5? I know the PLC5 does Lad2 automatically but cant find any info on how to make sure other LADs (like LAD3, LAD4, etc.) run. Unsure if I am supposed to use a JSR in LAD 3 and jump to LAD3 and then put the SBR and RET instructions inside LAD3. Apologize for the stupid question as am used to do everything in RSLogix/Studio 5000.

You use a "JSR" in Lad 2 to jump to Lad 3. A "SBR" and "RET" are not required(see instruction help for more info), at the end of Lad 3 the program will return to where it left off ( the next instruction after the "JSR". You can use "JSR's" in any subroutine to jump to any other subroutine if you want to, this can be confusing and hard to troubleshoot. I prefer to put all "JSR" instruction in Lad 2. Just to confuse you a little Enhanced PLC5's have what is called "Main Control Programs" you can have up to 16 of them. They act just like Lad 2. ( look under processor status for more info on this) http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/archive/index.php/t-26049.html Edited by Mickey