Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SufferingCitectNewbie

Using ABCLX to connect citectSCADA 7.4 to RSLogix 500

3 posts in this topic

Good day, I'm currently working on a project that has a touchscreen interface created with CitectSCADA 7.4 and a Micrologix 1400 PLC programmed with RSLogix 500.Reading into the ABCLX driver manual and I can't seem to understand how naming convention for the variable tag addresses that connects a digital variable tag with a boolean address in RSLogix 500. I was given an example of a digital variable tag with an address "PROGRAM:MainProgram.B33{0}" and I'm guessing it refers to the B.33/0 boolean address in the MainProgram.RSS file but it doesn't seem so when I tried it with a test program I put into the PLC but it doesn't seem to work. I've attached a screenshot of the program I am currently working with.

The abclx driver is not the right driver for the micro logix. Try the abmlxeip driver.

Thanks. I started reading the driver help file. Under the "Micrologix via Ethernet" page it does not say it supports micro logix 1400. However looking at the closed driver forum on schneider one poster claims that the driver supports the 1400. EDIT: In the Special Opt under Ports should I include the CIDR notation for the IP address? (ex 192.168.0.100/24 instead of a regular 192.168.0.100) Edited by SufferingCitectNewbie