Bob A.

CCW Software for Micro800 Series

8 posts in this topic

Just looking for an indication of the success or lack there of among the AB users community. I find the hardware interesting but have wasted far too much time wrestling with CCW software. I'm curious whether I'm alone in my assessment? Thanks for any feedback. Bob A.

Not sure what you mean? But I use CCW and the Allen Bradley Micro820 & Micro830, I have had very good luck with both the hardware & Software. I also use RSLogix500 when programming the Allen Bradley 1100 and/or 1400 Micrologix series.

Thanks for your feedback. I've always been a staunch supporter of Allen Bradley, and in this case, I'm not able to do that. The hardware shows a great developmental effort and in my assessment, the software learning curve is excessive. I was just wondering whether anyone else agrees with me. Bob A.

Personally, I found the Micro800 CCW programming environment to be difficult to learn out-of-the-box and wished it was more like a typical A-B programming package.
1 person likes this

This was my approach on learning CCW software. I started with reading the HELP on every function that is offered. Once I understood how each function was going to react to the data, I started programming. I am NO expert, but I do have several units out in the field working as I have programmed then to. I use them to monitor and act upon or report on events that happen in the Oilfield. They are at very remote locations, communicate thru a cellular network. I use SMS messaging to notify(send) and you can SMS(receive) in and request various sensor real-time information.

I use bothe the Logix5000 and the CCW, and am comfortable with both. The CCW is based on the IsaGraph mode used by several plc/rtu manufacturers. I learned the CCW and then went to the 5000, so I am reversed! A friend told me once that we all liked the software we were comfortable with. How true for me!

Just wondering how much effort the SMS turned out to be? That is what drew me to the Micro800 in the first place. I have done a lot of ASCII in PLC5 and so doing remote control over SMS sounds like a very useful methodology.

I agree with you to the point where I would recommend that they begin all over with a PLC version of the software and leave the CCW for who ever they thought would want it. Even with decades of experience, it took me several days to create an array and then another day to figure out why I could not see it. This is just unacceptable.
1 person likes this