Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest johnsmith982001

TSX NANO POWER SUPPLY

2 posts in this topic

I have inadvertantly opened the door into the world of PLCs. We are an end user, university, with an automatic sample changer that isn't working. On opening the box we found a modicon tsx nano. The sample changer left/right function is, according to the limited trouble-shooting guide, controlled by +24V between pin 7 and ground (to move left) and +24V between pin 3 and ground (to move right). We haven't been able to the 24V signal on the voltmeter . . . The sample changer has been working/not working sporadically over the last week. (1) Where can I get a schematic of the electronics of the tsx nano so that we can trouble-shoot our box (namely checking the power supply)? The sample changer is only 3 years old (warrenty has expired). The rest of the system is all air controlled and passed all trouble-shooting checks. Just the left-right is electronically controlled and doesn't always work. (2) How common are power supply problems with the TSX NANO? (3) How common are problems due to overheating? Any and all suggestions are most welcome - when it comes to PLCs and the TSX NANO we're JUST entering the "novice" category. THANKS!

Go to www.modicon.com and download the manuals for the Nano. There are wiring diagrams in there. If you can't find them, go to Idec's website and look up the Micro3 and Micro3C. The Nano is rebranded from Idec for Telemecanique. The PLC has lights for each of the inputs, as well as a power and a run indicator light. Turn the switch back and forth and see if the input lights are changing. Is the Power and RUN lights on? Where are you located, there should be people who can assist you on-site with these units? I've programmed a few myself. No real problems in the field, other than the limited command set. There's some things missing from their command set that most other PLCs have.